HomeNewsHighbridge rail passengers face disruption during three-day strike

Highbridge rail passengers face disruption during three-day strike

-

A strike on First Great Western trains will leave travellers who use Highbridge and Burnham Railway Station facing disruption this Bank Holiday weekend.

High-speed services through the area will be reduced by the industrial action, says First Great Western which will be operating a revised timetable from Highbridge from Saturday 29th to Monday 31st August.

Members of the Rail, Maritime and Transport union are due to walk out for three days from Saturday August 29th.

The union is in dispute over the introduction of new high-speed trains, a move which it says will hit jobs and on-board catering.

Services from London to south Wales and south-west England face disruption. The union’s general secretary Mick Cash told members that urgent talks had been held with the company, but no agreement had been reached.

The dispute has been caused by the introduction of Hitachi Inter City trains and threats to jobs, said the union.

The company has published a list of changes here to its scheduled services.

TODAY'S MOST VIEWED NEWS

All Walls

TC Caravans

Haze Caravan Rentals

49 Esplanade

WEATHER

Burnham-on-Sea
clear sky
12.2 ° C
13.4 °
10.4 °
64 %
1.8kmh
10 %
Sun
14 °
Mon
14 °
Tue
13 °
Wed
13 °
Thu
14 °