April 13, 2017
Deadline announced for Burnham-On-Sea town council vacancy

Burnham-On-Sea residents who are interested in becoming a town councillor have just a few days left to put themselves forward for a vacancy.

There is a vacant seat on Burnham-On-Sea and Highbridge Town Council in the Burnham South Ward following this month's resignation of Cllr Paul Young, as first reported here.

Any resident wishing to request for an election to be held to fill this vacancy must make a request in writing to be delivered to the Returning Officer (Electoral Services Office) at Bridgwater House, King Square, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 3AR by 28th April 2017.

The request needs to be signed by ten electors of the parish in Burnham South. Otherwise the vacancy will be filled by co-option.

Pictured: Members of Burnham and Highbridge Town Council

Bookmark and Share

Search|Add to your Bookmarks|Send a mail from|Print this page|Back to previous page|Discuss this article

Burnham-On-Sea Seafront Webcam
Burnham-On-Sea Webcam
24-hour live pictures
See live images of the seafront and beach with Burnham's Webcam. Burnham-On-Sea webcam

Burnham-On-Sea Shops
Burnham-On-Sea Shopping Guide
Buy in Burnham!
Support local traders by shopping in town - see our A-Z index of businesses. Burnham-On-Sea shopping guide

Burnham-On-Sea What's On
What's On In Burnham-On-Sea
Things to see and do
Check the constantly updated calendar for what's happening. Burnham-On-Sea what's on guide